When it comes to love what do you trust your heart or your mind?


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Mind vs Heart" (Part 1)

VS
I want to forgive you, but my mind & my heart are at war
My mind is done with you but my heart wants more
My heart still loves you & is ready to forgive
While my mind will never forget about the things that you did
I know it's been some time but tell that to my mind
It's like it has it's own remote constantly pressing rewind
When it comes to my heart convenient amnesia
Forgets the negative remember how much it needs you &
As i get close to opening up my arms
Deja vu sets in & I'm reminded of the harm
The pain that I felt the agany that you caused
The years of my life I feel was just a loss
Time is the one thing when you lose it it's gone
But it's also the same thing that helps you move on
My heart says to my mind can't you feel the change
You dress up bullsh*t underneath it's still the change
My mind isn't budgging not now not for nothing &
Is pretty upset it's even open for discussion
But my heart won't quit it's gonna fight till the end
Or until the moment we're back together again
My mind tells my heart don't you remember the past
The stress that I felt & the hurt that you had
My heart says remember the times you were going through it &
The thought of that person is all that pulled you through it
Mind versus the heart is an ongoing war
They're asking for soldiers what side are you for

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! This describes my EXACT situation. I would listen to my heart.

    ~Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this poem but ive been in that sistution and i listened to my heart and the 2nd time around the person was the same as the first time around which made me realize i should of listen to my mind and thats what ill do from here on out

    ReplyDelete